Saturday 5 December 2015

december-blog-hop


December Blog Hop - Christmas Gifts

Well Christmas time has arrived and I am busy making Christmas cards, gift tags, gifts and decorations.  There are so many inspirational Christmas gifts around on blogs, pinterest and in the many newsletters that I am brimming with ideas.  

If you have joined us from Alison's blogscissorspaperheart, you are on the right path! As you wander through the blogs you will see some fantastic ideas for Christmas.  Hope they get you inspired.

This is the Wreath I have made for Christmas as a gift and it would be lovely to give to someone special. Making them a  personal wreath that they can treasured over Christmas and help bring the Christmas Cheer into their homes.
 

My inspiration for my wreath came directly from the Holiday Expressions 2015. As you can see in the middle is a small wreath and this intrigued me so I checked out my Website and found the directions.  If you see anything in any of our publications and you wish to know how to make it then simply contact me and I can give you the details.

http://kerrydehring.ctmh.com.au/ctmh/products/online-idea-book.aspx

This is my version of the wreath and I made a few changes to the instructions. As you do when you have a little creativity - not a lot because then I would have made one from scratch and I am definitely not that good - but I can always follow instructions, nearly.  




I used the Cricut Cutting machine and the CTMH  Artistry Collection (Z3167) to cut the Fern paper into the leaves. I cut 2 full pages, which was 28, but did not use them all and now I have some left over to make something else. I cut 3 of the bows with the Cricut from the CTMH Artiste Collection (Z3170).




All the leaves were stuck down with Liquid Glass (Z679) onto a piece of New England Ivy Cardstock in a circle until covered then I stuck more leaves down using 3D tape. Once all the leaves were attached I fussy cut away the New England Ivy Paper to get the effect.
 
I then cut out 1 1/5" circles to create the Christmas Baubles and used the 
White Pines Paper pack (X7200B)  
*** This wonderful paper is only available until 30 December so if you love it order it soon.***  
The embellishments came from the Fundamental Assortment Cranberry (Z3101)




To mount the wreath was easy by gluing some magnets to the back and placing it on the wonderful Designed Decor Red Magnetic Chalkboard Z2006.  

****Cyber Week Sale is ending TODAY and this Product is on Sale so get it quick*****. 

The Chalkboard enabled me to make a light weight wreath and then hang it on the wall easily.  I use this Magnetic Chalkboard all the time. Before the wreath I had created a wonderful page on Studio J, of one of the scenes in Beautiful Canada,and stuck it on the wall for all to see and now it sits in my photo album of our holiday.

Below is a list of what I used.

Wreath
X7200B White Pines Paper Packet
1282 New England Ivy Cardstock

Z679 Liquid Glass
Z3101 Fundamental Assortment Cranberry
Z2006 Designed Decore Red Magnetic Chalkboard
 Z3170 Cricut® Artiste Collection
Z3167 Cricut® Artistry Collection


Cricut® Shapes:
Artiste
1½" Accent 2 <g> (p. 55)
1½" Shift+Accent 2 <G> (p. 55)
1½" Shift+Accent 3 <G> (p. 55)
Artistry
1½" Shift+Background <?> (cut several, p. 8)


Thank you for checking out my blog and look for my next post on Christmas Present tags.  If you want to know when this is happening just sign up above with your email address and you will get an update straight away.

 Now, why not check out Julie's Blog
 If you have got lost along the way you can find a list of all the blogs for this blog hop is on Alison's blog - just click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.