Thursday 5 November 2015

november-blog-hop

Welcome to our November Blog Hop. 

If you have come here from Alison's blogscissorspaperheart, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a giant circle, so no matter where you start you can work your way through all the blogs. If you get lost along the way you can find a list of all the blogs in this blog hop on  Alison's blog - just click here.




Watercolour Paints


Close to My Heart have a sensational set of Water Colour Paints (Z3132) and excellent Paint Brush Set  (Z3188).  I have just thrown my old ones out as these are sensational.  I have seen some beautiful techniques over the last couple of months using water colour paints on scrap book pages.  They can give a lovely subtle hue to a page or make a dramatic impact.  I have created a scrapbook page using an old fashion water colour procedure of washing the colour with water to make a lovely soft colouring on the paper. Luckily Close To My Heart has brought out Watercolour Paper (Z3146) - which is perfect to use as a base and is what I used to create the banner on my scrap book page. 

With the banner I have used the "Outback Adventure Australasia" Stamp (D1596) with Archival Black Ink (44751). The Archival Black ink does not run when you paint over with water colour paints. I tried paint first then stamping, which made the kangaroo look quite bold.  Finally chose to stamp first then paint over, which gave the kangaroo a more muted look - which fitted in with the page. I used the green paint to create the grass and painted in brown directly onto the kangaroo stamp.  To finish I painted the edges of the paper.




To balance the water colours I have used a combination of the new "Urban" paper, Saffron and Colonial White Card stock. Buying the "Urban" paper pack (X7204B) was such a bonus - all the papers match so you do not need to go hunting for matching plain paper. At only $15.00 it is great value. 











To add journalling I used one of my photos and also wrote directly onto the "Urban" paper. The corrugated iron design on the paper lends well to writing directly as it creates it's own lines.





To finish the page I added some Grey "Enamel Gems" (Z3089) which added with the corrigated iron paper, kept the true Australian theme. Close to my Heart have beautiful "How to" books. I got my inspiration for this page from the book called "Reflections" on page 71 titled Front & Centre -Focal



Thanks for checking out my blog and seeing what I've done with the beautiful Watercolour paints this month. If Water colours interest you and you would like to join a class to learn some new techniques - send me a message.  Would love to hear from you.




Now, why not check out Helens Blog, helensheartncraft,  and see what she has done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.