Friday 22 May 2015

Special Card - Clare Turns 21

Clare Turns 21 

I had the pleasure this month to make some one special a 21st Birthday card to celebrate a milestone with style.  

As you are aware, with all boys, these opportunities arrive very rarely.  My project to do when I get back from my holiday in Canada is to make more beautiful Birthday, Wedding and Baby cards.

For this project to make the Balloon glow and stand out I used Cotton Candy ink on the stamp and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  Then for the numbers I embossed with Gold Embossing Powder on "Versamark" Clear Ink.

As you can see by this photo that this card is a "Step Card"  Thank you to Cheryl Wilks for her inspiration for this card. A Step Card is not hard, as long as you get the cutting and folding lines correct - which for me was a little challenging - but after a couple of tries got better at it.  I could not have done such a good job without my trusty Cutting board and Score Board. This card is using some of the old products I had in my paper and Stamp boxes.  The old products I used were B & T paper - Lollydoodle and July 2014 Stamp of the Month - "Circus Alphabet".  I have found that if you buy some of the Close to My Heart products now - even if you think you will never use them - a project comes along that you are really glad you had those products.



The NEW products are used are

Paper - Cotton Candy, Whisper and White Daisy
Inks - Cotton Candy and Black
Stamp - D1581 "Give a Lift" and B1419 "Joyful Birthday"
Embossing Powder - Clear and Gold

If you like any of these products please go to my website and you can purchase them online.  Just link to my order for the month and it will be sent to you straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.