Monday 1 June 2015

June Blog Hop - Pink Galore

We are back for the next Blog Hop. 


The theme this month is PINK.


If you have come here from Alison's blog, scissorspaperheart, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a giant circle, so no matter where you start you can work your way through all the blogs. If you get lost along the way you can find a list of all the blogs in this blog hop on  Alison's blog - just click here.

Pink is a really wonderful colour and I do not get many opportunities to use this colour, having 3 boys and a boy dog.  Lucky for me, when Spud, our Welsh Highland Terrier, got his first hair cut, the groomers sent him home with a pink bandanna. So with a Pink theme it was easy to decide to do a scrapbook page showing off the wonderful array of pinks available with "Close to My Heart".

This is my Scrapbook Page showing the before and after photos, using lots of pink for my boy dog "Spud". 



 It was hard to start as I had 5 photos and no idea what to do. So I went to my trusty CTMH Books and picked up "Imagine" and found my layout from "Swing Rhythm" Page 112. It showed me what size to cut each piece of paper, even behind the photos and I just needed to pick the paper pack.

Products used were: Paper - B & T "Brushed" X7190B paper pack $15.00 and used 2 sheets plus Pixie and Daisy white from this Pack.
                               Stamp - June Stamp of the Month "Ice Cream Dream" S1506
                                Ink - HollyHock and Black
                               Shin Han Markers - Leaf Green, Clay, Black, Cherry Pink
                               Embellishments - "Brushed" Assortment Z3013, Sparkles Z1752
                               

The title was created using the stamp set "Ice Cream Dream" I fell in love with the dog so decided to use the stamp on Pixie Cardstock with Hollyhock Ink.  On a piece of White Daisy I stamped the sentiment with Black ink and sponged the edges with Hollyhock. Sticking a yellow flower from "Brushed" Assortment to the top corner
 The bottom highlight was fun to make. Using the same dog stamp in Hollyhock on White Daisy.  Then doing some colouring in, which I have heard is great for corporates to do to destress - so have a go -  then using 3D tape to make the picture pop on the B & T Paper.

To put some bling on the page I put a sparkle on the collar - every dog should sparkle.





It was great fun getting back to my scrap booking roots - where it all began.

Thanks for checking out my blog and seeing what I've done with the PINK theme this month.
Now, why not check out Julie's blog, Juliespapercraft,  and see what she has done. If you cannot find it just Click here.
Remember, this stamp set is only available until the end of June. Contact your Close To My Heart Consultant. If your Consultant is me click here to see how you can purchase it at a great discount!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.