Monday 9 October 2017

october-blog-hop

Welcome to our October Blog Hop....

If you have come from Alson's blog welcome and I hope you are enjoying reading about all the ideas and being inspired. If you want to go back to Alison's Blog to see the full list of bloggers then follow this link.


Today I would like  to explore the new "Make it from Your Heart" Volume 3.  This has just arrived in the new catalogue and as part of this blog hop I would  help you to work out  how to have fun with scrapbooking using the "Make it from Your Heart" ideas.

What I thought I would go through today was my way of using this great resource to make your scrapbooking a little easier.  First thing I do is pick my photos for the project and count them.




Here I have a lovely group of photos from a trip to Trentham a couple of months ago with some great friends.  We had a wonderful weekend and I wanted to capture the sights. I  picked my photos and there were 6 that told the best story. I then checked the "Make it from Your Heart" book and I  found a layout which uses 6 photos. In the book, when you look at the index it tells you how many photos to use for each layout, which makes your selection easy.







This is the layout from the book that I chose. As you can see from this page the photos include one poster and one landscape placed photos plus other smaller photos to be included and this fitted in well with the photos I had chosen.  I then needed to decide on what paper to use. As the paper suite of October is "Falling for You" and the colours suited my photos I decided to use this paper to show of my photos and use the compliments that come with it.


When you get the compliments they are sorted into groups of four so from one set of complements you can make 4 double page spreads and will have used All of the pieces. I chose the "Falling for You" complements. The picture shown is the assortment that I decided to use for my page.


So as you can see I selected all the paper and compliments from the pack that I wanted to use. I then cut the paper to fit exactly as per the instruction in the
 "Make It from Your Heart" Vol 3.







 I have laid out the paper that I have cut exactly as per the instructions.


Then just add my photos and  complements, finished off with some gems and last,  but the most important, I told my story in the journalling box.  For this particular project I used the products in the "Falling for You" Workshop Your Way.  This made the decision of purchasing easy as I did not need to think what patterned paper, plain paper or complements to buy it all came together in one pack. All is finished and it took me only 30 minutes to create this page with the wonderful help that I got from my  "Close to My Heart" products.  The  "Make it FromYour Heart" book has so many great ideas and if you just follow the layout on every page of this book and used the Workshop Your Way kits you will have your scrapbooking done quickly and thoroughly enjoy doing it.

Hopefully this will help you with your scrapbooking.

Happy Scrapbooking 
From Kerry 
at Kerry's Creative Collection.


 To see what else is inspiring  hop over to Alison's Blog by following this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.