Tuesday 28 April 2015

Mother's Day Crafts

I have had a great week showing two groups how to make these fantastic Mother's Day Canvas and cards.

The projects included a 6" x 6" Canvas with embellishments and a 5.5" x 4.25" Card. With these projects I used lots of Close to My Heart products and I thought you could be interested to know what products and techniques I used.

The Mother's Day Canvas



My Creations 6 x 6 Canvas Display, Blossom (X7196B) or Jackson (X7195B) Paper Pack, Sequins - Oceanside (Z3041) or Coral Reef (Z3042), Extra thick Twine - Thistle (Z3040) or Glacier (Z3039), Glacier or Whisper Cardstock for frame and Colonial White for Words. To cut out the Heart Shape and the "happy" word I used my cricut machine and Artiste(Z1790) and Artbooking (Z1906) Collection to get the right cuts. You took the inspiration from this canvas direct from the new Ideas Book "Seasonal Expressions 2" Page 33.

My Mother's Day Card



Using a standard 5.5" x 4.25" card made from Colonial White Cardstock or you can get a bulk pack of cards.  This is a really good idea as the pack comes with envelopes as well. I used the same card stock as I used for the canvas, and cut 9 squares of paper and placed it on a black card stock background.  The Stamp I used was the beautiful "Flowers for Mum" (B1474) using Archival Black Ink Pad (44751) because it has a good black colour and does not tend to run into other inks. I stamped the words on a Cricut cut, as indicated on the stamp. Then coloured in the words using my Watercolor Pencils (3505).  The flowers were outlined stamped in Archival Black and then inside stamped in "Glacier" or "Sunset" Ink just touching the edges of the stamp on the stamp pad.

If you can create one of these projects for yourself.  If you do then post some of your photos of your creations on my Facebook Page - Kerrys Creative Collection.  Would love to see what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment.