Sunday 5 March 2017

march-blog-hop

Welcome to this month's Blog Hop

If you have come from Alison's blog welcome and hope you are enjoying reading about all the ideas and being inspired. If you want to go back to Alison's Blog then follow this link.

The ART of THREE.

I have often been asked what are some tips when creating scrapbook pages and I have found that the "Art of Three" is a great start.

First Art of Three - Three colours 


When you are thinking of what papers to use just choose three.  Thank you to Alison for choosing three colours for this blog hop, that I probably would not have chosen for myself. Since I had only three colours to choose from I found that it freed me to be more creative.  Looking through my paper for Seaglass, Whisper and Black I found that Close To My Heart had the plain paper but they also had patterned (B & T) that incorporated these colours.  So I checked out the "Uptown Fundamental Paper" and there was some spectacular Whisper and Black patterns to use.



 Once I had decided what paper to use I got out all the papers that fitted in with the theme and put them aside.  I then looked at my embellishments and found that the "All Together Complements" matched and mixed excellently with this theme.

I had two types of pages to create for this month, one was a Heritage page and one was a Family Home page. So I used the same colours for both projects.

My first one was the Heritage page and I wanted to use a particular photo of my Uncle Alan when he joined the Navy so I created a page using the three colours and tried to create a heritage feel to the page.  I really enjoyed going back to a basic format of lots of mounting and enjoyed using the three colours in this way.



Second Art of Three - Triangle Effect


The second page I created was to use the same colours with a contemporary feel.  I love doing  double page spreads and with only having three colours it made it fun and simple.





With my double page spread I also used the great tip from Close to My Heart which is the triangle effect on a page.











I was not sure what embellishments to use from the pack as there were so many.  So I took one of the suggestions and pulled out only the embellishments that were in that grouping. So this also made it simple to add these to my page with the triangle pattern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Third Art of Three - Embellishment groupings


As you can see by the grouping of my embellishments I used the next "Art of Three" tip. The idea is to use an anchor piece then add a main piece and thirdly add a sparkle to the grouping.

See below a closer view of my embellishment "stacks"






Hope you enjoyed seeing my project. To see some more inspiration then hop over to Cindy's Blog by following this link.

2 comments:

  1. Your pages look beautiful! Thanks for the advice on the group of three for colours, embellishments and layouts. I think even I can remember this advice. I really enjoy the bloghop and find the different uses of the same theme inspiring.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamp set coming your way Diane. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment.